Cain and Abel | Genesis 4
To teach children that we are all God’s children. Because of this, we should love God as our Father and each other as family.
Dear God, today we are going to look at two brothers who got into a bad fight. Thank You that, with Jesus’ help, we can love our friends and family with our whole hearts, just like You love us! We pray these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Bible Memory Verse:
I John 4:19 (NIV)
19 We love because he first loved us.
Verse Memory Tips: (have your preschooler repeat the verse with you using the following hand/body motions:)
● “We love” - Place your hands over your heart.
● “Because he” - Point to the sky.
● “First” - Put your arm in front of you and raise one finger.
● “Loved us” - Wrap your arms around yourself like a hug.
Today's Bible Story:
Video Courtesy of Sharefaith Kids
1. Who were the two brothers in this lesson? (Cain and Abel)
2. What did Cain bring to God for a gift? (Vegetables)
3. What did Abel bring to God for a gift? (A sheep)
4. Was God pleased with both gifts? (No)
5. Who didn’t bring God his best? (Cain)
6. How did Cain feel when he saw that God was pleased with Abel’s gift? (He became angry.)
7. What are some ways you can bring God good gifts? (Allow for answers.)
8. What are some ways you can take care of each other? (Allow for answers.)
Dear God, we want to bring You our very best and to treat each other with kindness and love. Help us to forgive others if they make us angry. We are so thankful that You showed us how to do this through your Son, Jesus. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
Genesis 4 Cain Abel Preschool Coloring Pages
Genesis 4 Cain Abel Preschool Dot to Dot
Genesis 4 Cain Abel Preschool Letter Coloring
Genesis 4 Cain Abel Preschool Mazes
Genesis 4 Cain Abel Preschool Word Picture Match